LIVING LEARNING WORKING INC.
Living Learning and Working Inc.,(LLW), is a nonprofit organization. It is a US-based global organization. The primary purpose of Living Learning and Working is to address the economic, housing, health, and education issues facing veterans, the elderly, and the economically challenged. Many of these issues threaten the very existence of those targeted groups.
The general goal of Living Learning and Working is the establishment of communities or revitalization of communities with housing and economic systems that ensure the inhabitants’ physical security and economic survival. Our specific goal is to address the following issues facing veterans, the elderly, and the poor: inadequate housing, poverty, unemployment, inadequate health care, personal safety, inadequate education, and inadequate plans to address the issues.
LLW's first specific goal is to assist in the economic survival of businesses and organizatuons that provide veterans and others employment. To that end, LLW will assist the bussiness and organizations achieve financial growth by marketing their goods and services.
LLW's second specific goal is to act as a sourcing partner by matching retailers' and wholesalers' requirements with the capabilities of manufacturers and suppliers during diasters such as: pandemics, floods, and other events that cause great damage or loss of life.
WHAT OUR NAME INVOLVES
Living with an acceptable quality of life involves:
- Protection by a caring community,
- Responsibility to a caring community,
- Willingness to respect and get along with others,
- Willingness to respect and follow the rules of the community,
- Physical security – freedom from violence,
- Legal security – freedom from unwarranted harassment by authorities,
- Social status security – freedom from harassment because of social status,
- Food security – freedom from malnutrition and starvation,
- Shelter security – freedom from homelessness,
- Health security – access to health facilities,
- Commitment to manage one’s own health,
- Commitment to get and keep employment.
Learning about the possibilities includes:
- Encouragement by a caring community,
- Best caring teachers,
- Relevant competitive education and training programs,
- Coaching and assisting with financial aid to fund education/training and supplies,
- Identifying resources needed to become self-sufficient,
- Willingness to learn and teach others,
- Willingness to learn in order to obtain employment and remain employed.
Working for a better tomorrow, today inspires:
- Community involvement in business creation,
- Community support for local businesses,
- Student involvement in business creation,
- Willingness to do one’s best on the job,
- Willingness for businesses to take the workers’ and the community’s interest into account and to negotiate with workers with a view toward ensuring the fewest loss of jobs,
- Willingness for businesses to make long-term commitments to the workers and the community,
- Willingness for businesses to pay employees a living wage,
Board of Directors
Dr. James Overton
Dr. James Overton has10 years of training and teaching experience at the college and university levels. In London England, he trained Sperry Univac clients how to program computers. He taught computer programming and information technology at: Northwest Mississippi Community College, University of Mississippi, Strayer University, and the University of Memphis. Dr. Overton has 10 years of experience in setting up and managing businesses in the private sector.
Dr. Overton has 8 years of research and development experience. He worked: at IBM in Vestal Labs in Vestal, New York and at ITT Labs in Madrid, Spain. He conducted research at the Canadian National Research Council in Ottawa, Canada. He worked for the Canadian Department of National Defense. He implemented the first ISO 9000 quality system in Canada at Canadian Arsenals in Quebec, Canada.
Dr. James Overton was the lead IT systems engineer and lead IT architect for one of the US Air Force’s largest IT business software applications at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. He obtained the highest level of certifications at the US Defense Acquisition University in IT Systems Engineering and in Science and Technology Management. Currently, Dr. James Overton is the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Living Learning and Working Inc. and EconoTeque Inc. respectively.
Dr. James Overton has a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, a Master’s of Science in Electrical Engineering, a Master’s of Science in Advanced Technology, and Ph.D. in Computer Science. Dr. James Overton was a member of the Electrical Engineering Honor Society and received a National Science Foundation Fellowship at Michigan Technological University.
Dr. Phineas Overton
Dr. Phineas Overton has 12 years of training experience in the US Air Force. He has 20 years of management experience in the US Postal Service. Dr. Overton has over 15 years of experience in setting up and managing businesses in the private sector.
Dr. Overton helped to establish the Mid-South Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and is its chairman. Dr. Phineas Overton headed the business incubator at Lemoyne-Owens College in Memphis, Tennessee for a year. Currently, Dr. Overton is the Co-chairman of EconoTeque Inc.
Dr. Overton has a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree and a Doctorate degree in Business Administration.
Gwendolyn Jones has over twenty (20) years of experience with the Illinois State Government and five (5) years of business experience in housing.
Paul Reynolds has 15 years of construction experience and 15 years of marketing experience.
Chantell Overton has 20 years of experience as the Rams Football Team's photographer. In addition, she has 15 years of experience as the Vice President of Overton Nation.
Living Learning and Working Inc. Copyright @ 2020
Chairman of the Board of Directors
Dr. James Overton, Ph.D.